Student Aid Alberta Service Centre
Office Phone: 780-478-5267
What if I Miss a Payment:
There are many consequences if you miss even one payment on provincial or federal student loan:
- Your credit rating is affected immediately
- Your loans may be sent to a collection agency
- Any GST or income tax refunds may be automatically used to repay to defaulted loans
- The provincial and federal governments may take legal actio
What if I can’t afford My Payments
Repayment Assistance Plan (https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/education/repayment-assistance-plan.html)
The Repayment Assistance Plan (RAP) and the Repayment Assistance Plan for Borrowers with a Permanent Disability (RAP-PD) makes it easier for you to manage your student loan debt by reducing your monthly payment.
- Your monthly student loan payments would either be reduced or you would not have to make any payments, depending on your financial situation. If you have a permanent disability, it could also depend on your permanent disability-related expenses, which include allowable uninsured medical expenses, special care and other expenses directly related to your permanent disability.
- Enrolment is not automatic and you must re-apply for this plan every six months.
How Do I Apply for the Repayment Assistance Plan?
Once you login, there is a link to apply for the Repayment Assistance Plan.
you need assistance contact Nightingale Academy. We are happy to assist.