Health Care Aide Program Requirements
Standard Admission - Government of Alberta Health Care Aide 2019 Provincial Curriculum Program
Grade 11 English OR equivalent; OR successful results on standardized tests such as the Accuplacer. ESL applicants may have to complete the DuoLingo assessment if their ESL grades need improvement.
- Acceptance letter from Nightingale Academy of Health Services Inc.
- Health Status Questionnaire completed and submitted prior to applicant starting the program
- Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector Search prior to student commencing the Clinical Instruction component of the program*
- A complete immunization record prior to commencing the Clinical Instruction component indicating that your immunizations are up-to-date and in line with required immunizations as detailed by Alberta Health and Wellness from the “Alberta Immunization Manual: Health Care Worker Vaccinations – Student Version *
*Applicants will provide a signed attestation acknowledging that they:
- Do not have a criminal record, nor do they have a Vulnerable Sector Record their Police Information Check (PIC} needs to be provided 6 weeks before the start of Clinical Instruction.
- Will provide proof of required immunizations as per point 4. above in the form of documentary evidence (such as an immunization card) 6 weeks prior to commencing the Clinical Component of the Program.
Failure to comply with A and B above in a manner acceptable to the program will result in dismissal from the program.
It’s Easy to Apply
Become “The Eyes, Ears, and Hands for the Registered Nurse & LPN”℠.
Nightingale Academy offers a 35-week Government of Alberta Health Care Aide 2019 Provincial Curriculum program that prepares graduates for very exciting and worthwhile careers working in today’s health care system.